General Guidelines for Equipment Loans
- Equipment loans are for current ODU students, faculty and staff.
- Equipment is typically loaned on a first come, first serve basis.
- A valid ODU ID is required for all equipment loans.
- Patrons are only allowed to borrow one piece of equipment at a time (exceptions: camera or a camcorder with a tripod, a Mac or a PC with supporting cables, an iPad with an iPad charger).
- Equipment renewals are only granted if the Learning Commons has like equipment available for other patrons and cannot be done online.
- Equipment can only be returned at the Learning Commons help desk. Equipment should not be returned in the book drop.
- Equipment is due back by the date and/or time listed on the receipt. It is the responsiblity of the borrowing patron to know the hours of the library to ensure borrowed equipment is returned before closing.
- Equipment loans are not available when classes are not in session.
- Equipment loans are not available for patrons who have fines on their record that exceed $4.99 or if a patron is blocked in Banner.
Learning Commons @ Perry Library Equipment Loan Program
Welcome to the Learning Commons @ Perry Library Equipment Loan Guide! Use the links to the left or the tabs above to find out information on the lastest equipment available to ODU students, faculty, and staff. All the equipment in this guide is available for check out at the Learning Commons Help Desk.
Need Equipment for a Class Assignment?
All of the equipment featured in this guide is intended for educational purposes and is typically loaned on a first come, first serve basis. If you are in need of equipment to complete a class project or class assignment, please submit an Equipment Loan Exception Request Form. It is highly recommended that the form is submitted at least a week before equipment is needed. Please understand that this is a request and does not guarantee equipment will be set aside for you. All equipment loan exception requests will be answered by the next business day. After the equipment is returned the Equipment Loan Exception Review Survey should be completed. Please note that future equipment exception requests will not be considered until the review survey is completed.
ODU Student Organizations and Campus Offices: While we consider equipment requests from student organizations registered with the Office of Leadership and Student Involvement (formerly known as OSAL) and campus offices, please keep in mind that priority is always given to students who need equipment for a specific class assignment. Student organization and campus offices equipment requests will only be considered if the equipment is needed for a specific event. The Equipment Loan Exception Request Form should still be submitted for equipment requests. While a syllabus attachment is not required, it is required that you attach supporting documentation related to the event (e.g. an advertisment, survey, etc.)
End of Semester Equipment Loans
Any 7 day equipment (iPads, cameras, camcorders, etc.) checked out Thursday, April 30-Thursday, May 7 will be due back Thursday, May 7 at 11:59pm. Equipment loans will be unavailable Friday, May 8-Monday, May 11. Equipment loans will resume Tuesday, May 12.
Equipment Loan Agreement Form
All ODU students, faculty, and staff MUST agree to the terms and conditions in the Equipment Loan Agreement Form. This form must be completed once per academic year before equipment is checked out.
The terms in the Equipment Loan Agreement Form are subject to change without notice. Please review the form before checking out equipment.